Roundcube autoresponder is handy to know for sending out-of-office messages when you are unable to reply to your emails. For self-hosted mail servers, Roundcube is a popular webmail client. It is very easy to set up a Roundcube autoresponder.
If you don’t have your own mail server but want one. Check out iRedMail. That is kind of installing and setting up a mail server all by itself. The default webmail client is Roundcube.
Here is how to set up your out-of-office autoresponder, step by step.
1. Log in to your Roundcube. Usually done going to your mail server. In example mail.yourdomain.com
2. Log in with your username and password. Your username is usually your email address.
3. Go to your Roundcube email settings, like the arrow in the picture below.
4. In the settings column, almost at the bottom, click the Filters. Next, you want to click managesieve in the Filter Sets column. Then in the Filters column, click the + sign to open a new filter rule.
5. Now you filter ruler window should be open. The first thing you need to do is select a name. The name is not important to anyone but you. Just so you recognize what this specific filter rule does. Vrww5gn4 is not a particularly good name. Vacation or out of office would be a better name for this rule.
6. Then you need to select for what incoming emails the rule should apply to. You want to select all messages.
7. Next is execute the following actions. Make sure “Reply with message” is selected. “Message body” is the autoresponder mail itself. That is where you write your message. Message subject is the subject of the mail. Vacation or out of office is good subjects to have here. Reply sender address is the email address you want the recipients to send any replies to. How often send messages(in days), 1 should be enough. Means it send out 1 message to each person who tries to email you.
8. Your Roundcube autoresponder is now finished and click save.
Go on vacation
When you return to office or from vacation or whatever, you don’t need to delete the autoresponder. At the bottom, next to the save button, there is a Filter disabled checkbox. Just check that, and click save. And you can just edit the message body next time you need an out of office Roundcube autoresponder.
Now your email is set up to send automatic messages. So go have your vacation. Enjoy!
Also, check out Roundcube Spam Filter!