How to uninstall Unity on Mac
This is how to uninstall Unity on Mac.
Follow these simple steps and delete the following folders or files.
1. /Applications/Unity (Delete this folder)
2. ~/Library/Application Support/Unity (Delete this folder)
3. ~/Library/Caches/com.unity3d.* (Delete all files starting with com.unity3d)
4. ~/Library/Logs/Unity (Delete this folder)
5. ~/Library/Preferences/Unity (Delete this folder)
6. ~/Library/Preferences/com.unity3d.* (Delete all those files)
7. ~/Library/Preferences/com.OverTheEdge.BugReporter.plist (Delete this file)
8. ~/Library/Preferences/dk.Otee.* (Delete these files if you got them)
9. ~/Library/Unity (Delete this folder)
10. /Library/Application Support/PACE Anti-Piracy (Delete this folder)
11. /Library/Application Support/Unity (This contains the license file, so you might want to keep it)
PS! Note the difference between ~/Library and /Library. ~/Library is the library folder found in your home folder. /Library is found on the root of the hard drive.
Thats is how to uninstall Unity on Mac. So now you can install something else or re-install Unity.
Also read: Game engines list – 50+ engines
Posted in Mac, Unity Tagged with: mac, Uninstall, Unity
I’m new to Unity, and some of the stuff in Unity can be frustrating even tho it is a great tool. When working my self thru some tutorials for 2D games my sprites kept changing all the time, to random places on my sprite sheet. I got a bit tired of fixing my prefabs all the time, and after some googling and experimenting I found the reason.
After selecting the sprite sheet there is an option in the inspector called Generate Mip Maps. Right after deselecting Generate Mip Maps my sprites went back to normal.
Not sure what Mip Maps is or why is was selected. Just i tip sharing if anyone else run into same issues.
Posted in Programming, Unity